To Be Led More By Jesus, To Lead More Like Jesus, To Lead More To Jesus
We are running the Growing Leaders Course from September 2012 to July 2013; with a daytime session and an evening session each month to allow as many people as possible to participate. There are currently 24 people on the course; from teenagers to those in their 60’s and 70’s, female and male.
The purpose of Growing Leaders is to develop Christian leaders for the church of the twenty-first century.
- Leaders dependent on the grace of God, confident about who they are in Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit
- Leaders clear about their unique call and consistent in living it out
- Leaders serving the church with lives modelled on the servant character of Jesus
- Leaders passionately committed to evangelism
- Leaders skilled and competent to lead at a time of great challenge and change.
Growing Leaders is split into 3 sections…
Part 1: Firm foundations for Christian leadership
- Session 1: Leadership matters
- Session 2: Establishing identity
- Session 3: Clarifying call
- Session 4: Developing character
Part 2: Key skills of Christian leadership
- Session 5: Discerning direction
- Session 6: Growing people
- Session 7: Working together
Part 3: Keeping faithful in Christian leadership
- Session 8: Embracing cost
- Session 9: Staying fresh
- Session 10: Continuing well