The Alpha Marriage Course is a 7 week course aimed at encouraging couples to invest time and attention in their relationship.
Following a candlelit two course meal, couples then watch clips from a dvd and work through exercises in the manual provided. All discussion is in pairs so there is no group work.
A Different Topic Each Week
Building Strong Foundations
- This session helps couples to look at their lifestyle and its effect upon their marriage, and to discover more about each other’s needs and desires – particularly on an emotional level.
The Art of Communication
- Listening is a vital skill for a strong marriage. In this session couples practise communicating their feelings and listening effectively to one another.
- In this session we look at how couples can increase their intimacy by expressing appreciation to each other, recognising their differences, learning to negotiate disagreements and praying for each other (if they feel comfortable doing so).
The Power of Forgiveness
- This session addresses the ways we will inevitably have hurt each other and how to resolve these so we don’t create a backlog of anger and resentment. We look at the process of healing through identifying the hurt, saying sorry and forgiving.
The Impact of Family (Past & Present)
- This session focuses on helping couples to recognise how their family background affects the way they relate to each other. They also consider how to build a good and healthy relationship with their parents, in-laws and wider family, and how hurt from childhood can be healed.
- Sexual intimacy needs to be worked at and developed. It isn’t just the icing on the cake; it’s a vital ingredient of the cake itself. In this session couples are encouraged to talk about their sexual relationship and to recognise where they need to make changes.
Love in Action
- This session looks at five ways of expressing love – through words, time, touch, presents and actions. Couples discover which expression of love is most important for their partner and how to put this into practice.
The evening starts at 7pm for 7.15 meal and ends around 10pm.
There is no charge for this course.
For further details, and information on the next course, contact Jane Corner.
Marriage Course Dates