In the New Testament, Jesus always coupled proclaiming the Kingdom of God with active and practical expressions of love; including healing the sick, bringing release to captives, feeding the hungry and restoring dignity.
We, as part of His church continue the work and ministry of Jesus, and we want to share the gospel with compassion, generosity and serve each other and our community. Indeed, the origin of the word “ministry” has its root in words meaning to “serve, be of service, administer, attend, or wait on.” Charles Wesley summed it up well, “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.“
Serving is a great way to grow as a disciple. It enables you to give, work with others, make a difference and learn more about God and His ways. Keep your focus on serving others with all the grace that God supplies, fully expecting him to breathe on your seemingly natural abilities and empower them to produce supernatural results. And actively reach for every possible gift that is needed to build up the body and reach the unbeliever and not yet decided; whether or not it feels familiar to you.
There are many ways to serve and step out in faith at CCBC and use your talents, skills and gifts.
- Serving our Community (such as Foodbank, Coffee and Chat).
- Sunday morning teams (including prayer ministry, refreshments, setup and setdown). Click here to see a video
- Worship Teams (musicians and singers, tech, and A/V).
- Junior Church, Children’s Ministry and Youthwork.
- Overseas mission trips.
- Administration and support (including IT skills and logistics, church cleaning, maintenance).
- Explore with the Leadership team about new ways to serve, engage in mission and outreach opportunities which God maybe laying on your heart.